When do I need ILP?

*An ILP (Improvement Location Permit) is required when obtaining a building permit. To obtain this permit, you must contact 765-662-9931 and ask for the Planning Department.

If you are adding additional square footage onto your home or adding a structure such as a garage or a yard barn, you will need to apply for an ILP prior to the issuance of a permit. The ILP is to insure that the additional footage or garage you intend to add will not exceed the maximum property coverage and that you are within the established set-backs of you property lines. (This is a very important step in the process because many times utilities companies have easements that often run through the rear of the property and sometimes between two homes.)

Codes and Ordianaces

Find us on Facebook

What's cool in Marion

Water Utililty

Splash House

Site development by Conduit Design - Andrea Short -2012