The City Clerk has the responsibility to:
- keep records of council proceedings including the recording of all notes, and preserve all paper relating to its business;
- Present ordinances, orders, or resolutions to the mayor for approval; prepare and keep an ordinance book;
- have charge of all documents and books entrusted to him or her by stature or ordinance;
- administer oaths, without charging a fee;
- keep the city seal (IC36-4-10-4).
Office hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
The Clerk's Office provides the following services for the City Court:
Dockets and sets court dates for all misdemeanors, infraction and ordinance violations filed in the court. We receive payment for misdemeanors, traffic tickets, ordinance violations, and the return of city court bond money.
City Court meets:
-Every Monday at 2:30pm for arraignments;
-Twice a month at 10:00am for pre-trial hearings;
-Every Thursday at 1:30pm for arraignments;
-Every Thursday at 2:00pm for trials;
-Every Thursday at 3:00pm for battery trials.
City Court Judge: Jason McVicker